Everyone at Noodle Performance Arts is passionate about performing.
We love singing, acting and dancing and the way they make us feel. And best of all, we love seeing the children in our classes flourish as they discover the joy of performing for themselves.
Once you get the taste for performing, you’ll never look back but we don’t just want you to take our word for it. We’ve gathered together some of our favourite quotations about performing from stars of both the screen and stage
1.“Acting is behaving truthfully under imaginary circumstances.”
Sanford Meisner, an American actor known for his theatrical work and creator of the Meisner technique of acting
2. “Remember: there are no small parts, only small actors.”
Konstantin Stanislavski, an influential Russian actor and theatre director.
3. “The only thing better than singing is more singing.”
Ella Fitzgerald, an American jazz singer who achieved international fame for her distinctive voice.
4. “Giving voice to characters that have no other voice—that’s the great worth of what we do.”
Oscar-winning film actress Meryl Streep.
5. “Sometimes you can have the smallest role in the smallest production and still have a big impact.”
Neil Patrick Harris, known for his roles in American TV shows, Doogie Howser, M.Dand How I Met Your Mother.
6. “Lots and lots of things scare me but you just get on with it. Fright can transform into petrol, you just have to use it to your advantage.”
Dame Judi Dench, a British actress who is world-renowned for both her film and stage work.
7. “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.”
Mikhail Baryshnikov, one of the most famous male ballet dancers in history.
8. “Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.”
Martha Graham, an American dancer and choreographer whose style, the Graham technique, revolutionised modern dance.
9. “Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theatre, a piece of music or a book can make a difference. It can change the world.”
British actor and director Alan Rickman.
10. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.”
British screen legend Julie Andrews, best known for The Sound of Musicand Mary Poppins.